Monday, October 15, 2012

What's New & Going Private.

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho.  Yep, Belle's back at work (well not technically back "at" work since I work from home during nap time and at night) -- but back in the swing of part-time lawyering.  It's been great to have an item on my to-do list that is not a "mommy chore".  For me, that really helps my sanity and actually makes me more productive in all aspects of my life.  But, it's also been difficult (and at times exhausting) to squeeze the extra hours out of the week to devote to working.  My plan was to wait until January 2013 to transition back in, but I figured when Fawn started school it was a logical time to go ahead and make my transition too.  I've been at it for about six weeks (hence the light blog posting!).  While I have no idea what the future holds for me in terms of work, I know that for now I will enjoy the opportunity presented to me and consider myself blessed!

Giving up the blog?  Nope -- just going private.  It's been considered multiple times since Small Fry arrived.  I worry about safety and privacy for my children -- enter the blog names and my new decision to utilize the privacy settings.  I would love for you to keep reading -- but I want to know who my readers are!  I also worry about people's perceptions of my children based on the snippets of life I choose to share.  I've had people assume two extremes about Fawn; one girl said to me "he just seems so sweet and perfect" while another said "wow you've got your hands full."  Neither is accurate; Fawn is just Fawn.  He's is wonderfully made -- but he's not a character in a book, he's a little boy.  And, I choose to share the stories I want memorialized for the boys in the future.  When my memory has failed me (and when Buck and I are long gone), I want to have memories of the boys' childhoods stored up for them.  What that means is that this blog is not a totally accurate portrayal of my boys' personalities or of our lives.  It's our 21st century scrapbook.  So enjoy it as that -- and know that not all days are easy and Fawn's not always funny.  And, as my boys grow up in this community get to know them for themselves.  I strive to be honest -- and I hope my love for my family and my love of my job as a mom comes through.  This blog has been a wonderful outlet for me and a blessing in that it encourages me to capture life these days.  It's also a great way for my out-of-town family to keep up with the boys.  So, for now, it's not going anywhere...it's just going private.  I'd love for you to stick around for the rest of the journey... 

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to keep reading if you're okay adding me to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love a private blog -- would love an add at kityrgrs(at)aol(dot)com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to keep reading!! Amanda.welden@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to keep following!
    Katyknierim@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course ladies! I've got you down. My plan is to set up as private this weekend. So for anyone who wants access and doesn't want to leave their email address here, just message me on Facebook or send me an email!

    ReplyDelete