Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin Carving.

The weekend before Halloween we turned our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns.  Fawn remembered pumpkin carving from last year (his memory floors me!) and was so excited for this year's festivities.  He was especially pumped because his Bumblebee (from Transformers) costume arrived; he insisted on being clad in his costume and being referred to as Bumblebee all day. 
One cool dude.  How is he old enough to have such a big boy costume?
While Daddy carved the first pumpkin, this one made a lovely perch.
Buck is surprisingly artistic -- and not just when it comes to pumpkins.  The man can draw!
Fawn is explaining that the pumpkin needs a scary face.
Love my Bumblebee.
Very proud of all his Daddy's hard work.
Mom was there too!  I had the bright idea of getting fancy and roasting the pumpkin seeds in the name of "starting a new tradition."  Of course, I chose a super-complicated recipe where I roasted, then caramelized, then seasoned the pumpkin seeds.  They were yummy, though I'm not sure they were worth an hour in the kitchen.  Next year, I'm sticking to oil and salt!
 
Sweet Small Fry was missing -- he slept through the activity.  Probably for the best.  And a great Fawn, Mommy and Daddy activity.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment