The boys had school as scheduled Monday, though I kept Small Fry at home with me after a rough, croupy night on Sunday. He ended up sleeping with me in the extra bed, which was sweet and snuggly, but wasn't a great night sleep. I just didn't feel like I could part with him Monday morning; so I didn't.
By Monday afternoon, it was clear we wouldn't have school Tuesday; there was rain coming in over night and the threat of icing on the roads. It turned out to be a non-event, but better safe than sorry! I was happy to have the boys at home, especially after the ordeal of the previous storm. About mid-day we even ventured out to Lowe's to purchase a toolbox and drawers to organize Fawn's Legos. They were taking over my house -- with Ziploc bags and Pyrex dishes of Legos on just about every surface. It was a great cold day activity. Tuesday night the roads were actually fine and I was able to make it to a long-planned girls dinner at Bistro V. It was a perfect interlude for a long time at home.
This took HOURS.
And drawers for instructions, projects made, and special sets.
Wednesday brought another day of no school -- and Buck's 33rd birthday! The rain would turn to snow and possibly ice at some point, they just didn't know when. I had a sweet nursery worker come to my house in the morning so I could get a couple hours of work done. The meteorologists were suggesting that folks be off the roads by 2 pm, so she stayed until about 11 and then headed on home. Buck came home mid-day, and it just felt so nice to have all of under one roof ready for the weather. We still weren't sure how much precipitation we would get -- the storm was on, then off, then back on again. But, snow did start falling in earnest about 7 pm and we got close to 4 inches. It was awesome, thick, wet snow. I got Fawn out of bed to show him out the window. He was mesmerized. Then, Buck and I enjoyed his birthday dinner before heading outside to play in the snow ourselves. We contemplated waking Fawn up to play, but he seemed really tired Wednesday evening and tiredness is a migraine trigger for him. As much as we would have loved for him to see the snow falling, we really felt like it was in his best interest to get a good night of rest.
Thursday morning came and the snow was a blanket on the ground. To be honest, while beautiful, it wasn't nearly as wonderful to play in as it had been Wednesday evening. Fawn had a hard time making a snowman, but we had fun trying -- and also having a snowball fight and making snow angels. After our playtime in the snow, we headed inside for snow cream which both boys loved. Daddy headed to work -- reporting that the roads were fine -- and the boys and I warmed up inside before venturing out again for a walk. We walked about a mile (Small Fry too!) just looking at snow in yards and playing. By the afternoon, the snow was pretty much gone, and the boys headed back to school Friday.
He has no idea how lucky he is to have seen so much snow in his short life.
Buck has had a snow-filled birthday twice in the last four years.
It really did look like a winter wonderland -- beautiful!
Small Fry was not amused.
Poor, pitiful snowman.
Small Fry found a dry spot on the deck to rest his feet.
Snow selfie.
Buck threw snowballs at Fawn running around in the yard. It was all fun and games until he landed one right on Fawn's face. To be fair, I accidentally did this last year. We are sorry Fawn!!!
Cute picture of these three.
Small Fry's favorite part was the snow cream, of course!
After our walk Fawn wrote his name in the snow.
And then decided he was cold and watched the action from his window.
Of course, Small Fry began to like playing in the snow about the time Fawn was frozen and headed inside.
When I finally got him inside he was soaking wet, but very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment