Friday, March 7, 2014

Fawn's Friday Funnies: Hunting Edition.

This weekend is youth turkey weekend in Alabama; the real turkey season starts next weekend. Buck and Fawn are heading to the farm for Fawn's very first turkey hunt. He is so excited. Buck has been prepping him on being still and being quiet. On the way to school this morning, Fawn told Small Fry that he couldn't go turkey hunting because he "lost on two things." "You can be still and you can't be quiet." As for me, "You only lose on one thing, Mom. You can be quiet but you can't be still." Long pause..."Plus Mom, women do not hunt."

Today at his school was "Taste of Nations." I volunteered to help in his classroom, and it was the most precious day. Each of the five 4K classrooms was decorated as a different country that the children have been studying the last month. Ours was India. The children had passports that they got stamped as they entered each classroom. They heard a story or learned something about each country, did a craft, and got a "local" snack. To say the children loved it is an understatement! Fawn was so excited to tell me about it and show me all of his crafts on his way home. When asked what his favorite country was, he quickly responded China. Why? "Because they have panda bears. I want to hunt panda bears. I wish there was a panda season so I could sneak through the woods and shoot them all. I hate panda bears." How to teach lessons of conservation about the world's most beloved endangered species? Lord help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment