Thursday, August 31, 2017

August.

Small Fry had a half birthday. Yep, I'm still doing the half-birthday thing. Buck rolls his eyes and makes a big fuss over how stupid it is EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Newsflash, he better get used to it. This year Small Fry got drums! And started drum lessons. Three words -- it is loud. Buck also got him a new bat for baseball (so while he poo poos the half birthday thing he participates!).

Brownies!

Gotta love a 1/2 birthday!

Speaking of loud, Fawn bought himself an electric guitar. He worked hard all summer for money (did jobs for Lulu, Aunt C, and Mr. Lance) not to mention some big, hard jobs at home. He bought the guitar used from Highland Music. They gave him a bit of a discount -- I think they felt sorry for him! Also, if I thought I was out of my league buying sports equipment at Dick's or Academy, that's got nothing on trying to figure out the world of music equipment. Thank goodness for Park at Mason Music who tries to educate me as much as possible.
Hey now, you're a rock star.

One final end of summer McWane trip. It's fun to explore McWane with bigger kids. We saw a show on combustion -- it was fascinating and very cool. And we got to go to lunch with Buck. Jimmy Johns of course -- Fawn's very favorite meal.

So funny that Small Fry looks as big as Fawn.

They played a game called Mindball where you had to think about absolutely nothing to win. Small Fry won every time. 

 Fawn has decided he's into golf. He's working hard to get better. I'm thankful for beautiful Pine Tree.

A truly beautiful view.

No comments:

Post a Comment