I was thinking that I might just DVR the fireworks over DC or NYC and show them to Fawn Tuesday morning, but that felt like quite a cop out. Luckily, our neighbors came to the rescue, shooting fireworks off around dinner time (illegally, I might add, though I was certainly not going to call the cops as the fireworks (1) entertained Fawn and (2) satisfied an item on our summer to-do list). The weather was already so dark and gloomy that you could see the fireworks.
I love the look on Fawn's face -- like he's doing something he's not supposed to be doing.
When the rain really started coming down, Buck improvised by making a seat on an empty planter for Fawn to sit on. He's quite the handy man.
Maybe next year Fawn will not be as wedded to his schedule and we can do "real" fireworks. But, neighborhood fireworks in the rain, after a long day swimming, was a perfect way for a two-year old to spend the Fourth of July.


No comments:
Post a Comment