Saturday, February 18, 2012

Brothers.

Because Small Fry was born so early in the morning, we were able to let Fawn meet him right away when he woke up Wednesday morning.  I had very much anticipated the moment of big brother meeting his new sibling -- while I was excited I was also very anxious.  And guess what?  I missed it!  I was with my postpartum nurse at the very moment Fawn arrived at the hospital.  And, you know what...I think that was a good thing.  Buck got to introduce Fawn to Small Fry (who was sleeping peacefully in his "cradle" as Fawn called it).  I arrived on the scene a couple minutes after the initial introduction and Fawn climbed into my lap and helped me eat my hospital cafeteria breakfast.  Fawn shared a special moment with his daddy and then a very normal moment with me -- which was probably just what he needed.
Family of FOUR (about five hours after Small Fry's birth)! 

After reading back through my last post (about Small Fry's arrival), I would be remiss if I didn't add the following -- thank goodness I have a husband who is FABULOUS in a crisis.  And, I mean FABULOUS.  Buck is calm, steady, and reassuring just when you need him to be.  Boy did I need him to be -- he rose to the occasion as he always does.  I have to say that despite the chaos of Small Fry's arrival, the only moments that made me really nervous were those when I didn't know exactly where Buck was -- those moments when he wasn't right beside me.  And, those were not by his choice -- but when the nurses outnumbered him and he was momentarily displaced to the side.  Because when he's by my side all is well despite what's going on around us. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You look amazing in this pic from having had a baby just hours before!! Hope you are enjoying all of the newborn snuggles! I'm sure being a family of 4 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete