Saturday, June 16, 2012

Month Four Recap.

We've been busy this month.  We are loving our carefree, non-scheduled summer days (and especially loving having big brother Fawn home with us to play every day!).  We spent four days at the beach, have been to the zoo numerous times, went to the Gardendale Splash Pad, and have been park hopping.  We've also had some very fun play dates with precious friends.  While Small Fry continues to be quite content observing Fawn and his buddies play, he now really needs a morning nap in his crib to start the day.  So we've been home-bound a bit more. 
We celebrated Mother's Day -- I can't believe it's my fourth Mother's Day as a mom.  Wow!  And, all the more precious this year with such a lovely feeling of completion now that Small Fry is here with us.
Small Fry is a delight!  He is just the happiest baby.  He smiles constantly and his laugh is infectious.  He laughs loud and often.  It is my favorite sound in the world and I wish I could bottle it up!  I keep trying to capture it on my iPhone, but the second I whip that thing out he is mesmerized by the phone and loses his interest in laughing.  One of these days! 

Small Fry is so loud.  L.O.U.D.  If you know Fawn, you know that he is one loud child.  I know I've blogged about my fear that child number two would not be able to get a word in edgewise.  Little did I know that God would give me the loudest baby ever.  He talks, coos, and babbles constantly.  And, he makes sure you can hear him.  He literally screams his coos.  I've never heard anything like it.  One of his favorite times to make himself heard is the middle of the night.  Sometimes when he wakes up he just talks screams to himself for a long time (like an hour and a half or so).  He clearly loves the sound of his own voice.  Mommy and Daddy do too, though Fawn often tells him "quiet baby."  Hard to explain to Fawn that Small Fry likely learned being loud from him.

Small Fry loves to be kissed -- especially on the cheeks and belly.  He loves peek-a-boo and songs.  He's really starting to enjoy his toys and will even sit through books I read to Fawn.  He also loves to stick his tongue out and loves for you to stick your tongue out back at him.  He is such a strong little guy -- standing up is quite possibly his favorite position (which he accompanies with a huge grin).  Though not a fan of tummy time, he can push his chest up and hold his head high.  I'm bracing myself because this little one will be crawling before I know it.

We moved Small Fry to his nursery (and his crib) this month.  While I'm definitely sleeping better without a baby right next to my bed, it's sad to think I'll never have another little one to literally watch over through the night.  Small Fry seems to like his crib and we're starting to get into a routine.  We're doing better in the sleeping department and actually had one night this month where Small Fry only woke up once.  I hope many more of those follow soon. 

I'm predicting a bottom tooth or two by the end of next month.  Poor baby is teething!  One of my least favorite parts of babyhood because I can't make it better.  Small Fry is constantly gumming whatever he can get in his mouth and drooling up a storm.  Fawn got teeth really early and I think baby brother is following in his footsteps.

The stats:
Weight: (a whopping!) 17 pounds, 5 ounces (95%)
Height: 25.75 inches (92%)
Head Circumference: 17.25 inches (97%)

That's one big baby!  At some point we know your genetic predisposition with catch up with you (Mommy and Daddy are just not big people!).  So enjoy your size while you can.  We love every inch of you precious boy and are thrilled to see more of your magnetic personality each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment