Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Pizza, Two Ways.

Yes, I'm cooking again post-baby.  Have been for awhile now, and it's easier than I feared.  I realized that I haven't shared a recipe in a LONG time and wanted to share some easy-peasy, yummy summer pizzas.

We love pizza around here, but I struggle with the crust.  In theory, I would make the dough from scratch.  But that's a little impractical right now with a new bambino, a three-year old, and a super-busy hubby.  I have tried a handful of homemade recipes and they never seem to come out quite right.  I'm going to keep trying though because we are working to eliminate processed foods from this house as much as possible (I will NOT be making condiments, etc! -- more to follow on this nutritional endeavor).  For now, I stick with store-bought doughs.  I love, love, love the refrigerated pizza dough that Publix sells in the bakery -- the whole wheat and white are both fabulous.  I also love the convenience of Pillsbury canned dough and Bobolis. 

Rosemary Chicken Pizza
Best with either Pillsbury or Publix dough -- would also be great with a good homemade dough...needs to be pretty thin crust.  After pre-baking dough as directed, spread thin layer of fig preserves.  Top with diced, grilled chicken; crumbled bacon; fresh rosemary; and blue cheese.  Bake as crust directs and enjoy!

Club Sandwich Pizza
This is great on a Boboli, though I've also made on homemade dough.  In a mixing bowl, mix together a cup of diced turkey, a couple slices of bacon crumbled, two green onions diced, and just enough mayo to lightly coat the turkey mixture.  Spread the turkey mixture on pizza dough.  Top with one tomato diced and sprinkle on cheddar cheese to your liking.  Bake as crust directs and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment