Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

We celebrated Buck (our "Big Ole Man") for Father's Day this year in quiet fashion.  Poor Buck had to leave town on Sunday for work and spent a good chunk of his Saturday working too -- so it wasn't much of a holiday for him.  But, we spent Saturday morning at my grandparents' pool.  Fawn had to show his newly acquired swimming skills to Buck. 

While Buck was working in the afternoon, I took the boys to Publix to decorate a cookie cake for Buck.  The Publix in our neighborhood does this every year on the Saturday before Father's Day.  We decorated a cookie cake for Buck last year and had so much fun that we decided to do it again this year.  A fun (and yummy!) activity.  On Sunday, we had brunch at home before Buck had to leave town -- his favorite breakfast casserole (definitely one of the ways to his heart).

I had every intention of capturing the cookie cake in all of its glory, but a cookie cake never lasts long in this house and it looked like this when I got my camera out:


This year they had fun tool decorations for the cookie cakes.  Fawn was obsessed with the tools and wouldn't let us throw them away.


Buck, you really are the best.  You are the best husband to me and father to our children that I could ever ask for.  When we started dating all those years ago -- and even when we got engaged and married -- I know I didn't comprehend what it meant to be a good father.  I frankly didn't even know what qualities I should be looking for.  Lucky for me (and even luckier for Fawn and Small Fry), you possess everything it takes to be a phenomenal dad.  You are a wonderful leader of our house -- I know you will teach our boys how to lead their own houses one day.  You are a loyal, constant supporter.   You make all of us feel so valued and treasured.  And, you are so much fun!  You are a kid at heart yourself and you keep this household laughing and vibrant.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment