Another busy month -- two beach trips, lots of swimming and summer fun, and Vacation Bible School. Small Fry ate his first popsicle, went on his first boat ride, and grew two new teeth -- molars that I didn't even realize were coming in.
He's becoming more and more mobile by the day, now insisting on walking up and down the stairs (which we have a ton of in our house) with limited assistance. One of his favorite things to do is push my hand away and say "no" when I offer to help him climb. He thinks he can do it himself! He's physically crazy and exhausting, but at the same time the most loving child. He loves to give hugs and kisses. When he gives kisses, he makes a funny smacking sound. He also loves to snuggle, especially when he's sleepy. And, he still wants to be held a good bit of the time.
He's talking more and more and is quite the mimic. He's completely lost all of the fat rolls on his legs, which kind of makes me sad. He's getting longer and thinner by the day (though he still sports a pretty awesome belly). Sleep has been more of an issue, but I'm hopeful we can chalk it up to teething and travel and we will quickly get back on track. Right now he's back to getting up around 4:30 each morning. I think he might be going through a growth spurt too because the boy is hungry all the time and is eating much better.
His hair is a point of contention between Buck and me -- it is so long and I will pay money to anyone brave enough to cut it. Buck thinks it's hilarious long and has no intention of cutting it anytime soon. It fits in pigtails, and I may just have to give that hair do a whirl because between food, dirt and sweat by day's end, his hair is a mess! When we ask him to "shake his mane" he shakes his hair; it's a pretty cute trick.
Small Fry is a loyal Daddy's boy. He thinks Buck hung the moon and chooses him over anyone -- even me -- unless he really needs his mama. He also is obsessed with Fawn. They are really "playing" together these days, though playing quickly turns to rough housing and being wild, crazy boys. I'm honestly not quite ready for this step, but they are enjoying each other's company which is great.
I can't believe next month is the big half birthday! We love you precious boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment