Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Flashback...Last Day of Summer.

Old iPhone pictures, but worthy of a post nonetheless because it was such a fun morning with my boys on the eve of the first day of preschool.

We started the morning at Magic Muffins. I know it appears that we eat breakfast here ALL. THE. TIME. That's because I generally don't whip out the cell phone for pictures of pancakes at home. My boys consider it a "treat", a special morning. And, it's a treat for this mama too because I don't have to make (and more importantly clean up!) breakfast. In all fairness, we do frequent this neighborhood bakery. The boys' favorite -- chocolate chip muffin tops!

The weather was gorgeous, so we hung out outside for a few minutes before heading to the library for story time. Fawn was so excited for story time -- I've been taking him to this same story time once a week during the school year since he was eight months old. That's four years! He was a little sad at the thought of not being able to go after the first week because he is in school on story time day. But, I think he realized after this day that he's "outgrown" story time -- he was one of the oldest kids in the room. Small Fry and I are enjoying our one-on-one time. But, it's a bit odd to not have Fawn with us. So glad we had one last go-round.

Small Fry saw his brother playing on one of the library's computers and had to have a turn himself. He was "talking" on the mouse.

Still "talking." Glad big brother was around to help him out.

Then we headed to Byrd Park in Vestavia. It's one of Fawn's favorites -- after some park time and a picnic, we took a walk on the loop that surrounds the park.

Too sweet. Fawn is constantly amused by Small Fry's antics.

Small Fry insisted that Fawn push him on the swing before we left.

Sweet big brother.

Crazy toddler.

Because it took me almost a month to post this, I have NO IDEA what we did in the afternoon. Ha! I have a notoriously bad memory, one of the benefits of the blog is capturing these memories before they escape me. 

Sweet, sweet boys, thank you so much for spending the wonderful summer with me. I am so proud of how you have both adjusted to school. You are thriving and it warms my heart. I hope you have a fabulous school year. And, I cannot wait to spend next summer with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment