But, it was never really "my house" -- I just didn't spend enough time in it to feel attached. So I am much more excited for them than sad over the change. Their new house is precious -- and perfect for their current needs. I know we will quickly fill it with new memories (once they get all their stuff unpacked, that is!). Buck and my sweet sister-in-law were actually much more sentimental over the move than my brother and I were. Buck thinks it's because he and my sister-in-law really got to know our family in that house, and it's just more etched in their memories.
To celebrate their move, we had one last family dinner. Dad manned the grill. Have I mentioned he can cook? I mean really, really cook?
Check out his white BBQ chicken. Delicious. Buck had two full plates of dinner. He says that if my Dad cooked for him all the time he would weigh 300 pounds.
Sweet Small Fry is obsessed with Pops (my dad). He was his little helper on the deck.
Wow.
Inside, we got out the dominos for the first time ever.
What have we been waiting for?
Minutes and minutes of fun.
Fancy.
And, of course, my brother had to get in on the action. He is a child -- like not just a child at heart -- a child. Fawn finds him to be a perfect playmate.
Happy Fawn.
Love this picture of Small Fry and his Daddy.
All smiles and so much excitement for Mimi and Pops! We wish them many years of happiness in their new home. When's the first family dinner?
No comments:
Post a Comment