Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Reading Recap.

I love to read! Love it -- and I certainly spend enough time at the library to pick up lots of great books. Per tradition, my favorite five books of 2014:

1. Unbroken -- A MUST READ! I have been begging Buck to read it and will insist that the boys read it when they are old enough. 
2. Somewhere in France -- A great historical fiction set in WWI. Loved every page and hope the author writes something else soon.
3. Mrs. Lincoln's Rival -- A companion book to the Lincoln book I read last year and loved. I think historical fiction is my new favorite.
4. Grace for the Good Girl -- A book that I felt was written for me and to me. So encouraging and real.
5. The Book Thief -- Disturbing from page one (the narrator is DEATH!) but a good read and one that makes you think, as the best books always do.

And, so I don't forget, I also read the following: The Dawning of Indestructible Joy by John Piper; A Christmas Journey by Douglas Webster; Sheer Abandon by Penny Vincenzi; Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson; Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding; We Are Called To Rise by Laura McBride; All Fall Down by Jennifer Weinert; The One and Only by Emily Giffin; The Girls of August by Anne Rivers Siddon; The Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand; Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand; Driftwood Summer by Patti Henry Callahan; Tempting Fate by Jane Green; The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt; Roses by Leila Meacham; The Book Thief by Markus Zusak; Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline; Somerset by Leila Meacham; Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman; Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini; The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks; Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand; The Red Book by Deborah Kogan; The Purchase by Linda Spalding; Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

No comments:

Post a Comment