Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fawn is SIX.

It has been a huge year for our big boy...started Kindergarten, learned to read, learned to ride a bike without training wheels, learned to catch and hit a live baseball, learned to swim the length of the pool, learned to tie his shoes, really started hunting with dad, learned to dribble and shoot a basketball. He truly is learning something new constantly and it is a blessing to be on this journey with him.

He is still a sensitive, caring child -- moms comment to me all the time that their children tell them he is the nicest boy in the class. That warms my soul and I pray his kindness never leaves him. But, he's also full of life and oh so wild. In my completely biased opinion, I find it to be the most charming personality combination. He is just a dear, dear child, who is constantly maturing and surprising us.

He's an outdoors-man for sure. He loves the farm and the woods....and camo, hunting, and weapons! He is educating his classmates on the ins and outs of farm living; his published "how to" writing piece was How to Bush Hog by Hughston. This boy is truly wild at heart and though I never pictured raising such a country bumpkin I absolutely love this about him.

His knowledge of Bible stories and theology is pretty remarkable, and to see his faith grow while at the same time being so childlike and pure is encouraging to me as his mother. He prayed to ask Jesus to live in his heart this year, which I had the privilege of witnessing. While I know the years will show where his heart is and we are no where close to the finish line on providing a foundation of faith for his life, I believe he truly understands even at his young age.

He's had a rough year with his migraines -- definitely the most difficult so far. It's been tough to watch him suffer, but I know that God works ALL things to his glory. He asks tough questions now, such as "why does God send me headaches?" And we talk about the fallen world and how God is using this experience for some reason in his life -- and for some reason in mine as his mother. It has certainly taught all of us more empathy -- and it has made me so thankful for the great medical professionals in our lives. I know that all children -- all people -- have their mountains they have to overcome. This is Fawn's and he is handling it beautifully.

He's huge! Tall and lanky, skinny as a bean pole. He barely fits in my lap, though still loves to cuddle up. He will sneak into my bed to sleep on any opportunity Buck is out of town. And, he has his first loose tooth! And the news of the loose tooth seems like the perfect place to end this synopsis of Fawn's sixth year. Really saying goodbye to the past but welcoming a whole new world of wonder with a big kid!

Happy Birthday Baby!

We started the day with cinnamon rolls and presents! He opened a Lego Chima book and watch from Small Fry and a bat from Daddy. Then it was off to school! Small Fry and I took brownies with orange deer picks in them to his class during lunch time. At lunch his friends convinced him to go to Davenport's for dinner -- we had said he could choose the restaurant. And, horror of horrors, had never taken the boys to Davenport's. Needless to say, the boys LOVED the pizza and the video games and we will be going back soon.

After dinner we had one more present for him...the Night Vision goggles he just had to have. They were a huge hit and he was a happy six year old.

I have to get a picture with my birthday boy every year.

A kiss from the birthday boy.

And a kiss to the birthday boy.

Happy Birthday sweet angel.

The morning after...officially SIX!

No comments:

Post a Comment