If you read this blog, you'll know that for Buck's birthday I gave him thirty gifts (one for each year). My parents did the same thing for me:
Serious insanity (let me assure that when I did this for Buck the presents weren't nearly as pretty -- the spring colors and bows were a sight to behold). And, Fawn was chomping at the bit to get in there and "open da pwesents". My mom had this idea before I did -- she told me at my birthday dinner that when I did this for Buck she had already collected 18 of her presents for me. Like mother, like daughter (except for the glorious wrapping skills, of course, which I didn't inherit). Not only did Mom and Dad think of, purchase, and wrap thirty awesome gifts, they also found time to make my favorite non-chocolate cake (my little brother has a chocolate aversion that he insists is an allergy) -- Ooey Gooey Pineapple Cake.
Fawn loves some cake and loves to sing happy birthday (I wish I'd had my video camera because I would give anything to have captured his sweet voice singing "happy biwfday to mommy").
Thank you Mom and Dad for going above and beyond (as you do on everything you do). I couldn't have asked for better parents -- thanks for everything you've done for me the last thirty years. I love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment