Fawn turned three on Thursday, and we celebrated with a small party for his friends last Sunday at iJump. In anticipation of Fawn's birthday I was planning on two celebrations at our house -- a celebration for family since everyone lives in town and a celebration for friends with their mommies on a weekday. Buck, always the voice of reason, insisted that this was too much to take on with baby number two rapidly approaching. And, he was probably right. That would have meant two rounds of house cleaning, two rounds of decorating, and two rounds of cooking. This preggo mama just wasn't up for it. So, I took the lazy way out and paid others to handle Fawn's birthday for me. It was worth every penny and so much fun! Definitely the way to go with a winter birthday and our current life circumstances. I literally sent the invitations, ordered a cake, and bought favors. Then all I had to do was show up -- it was that easy! Fawn and his little buddies all seemed to have a blast -- and that's really what matters. There will be plenty of years for creative birthday parties.
Fawn after some serious jumpy house action. He was so caught up in playing that (unfortunately) I didn't really get any good pictures of him at his party. But, at least you can see that he was there!
Then it was time for food -- pizza, cake and ice cream. The kiddos got to re-fuel before heading back for more jumping fun. (I'm sure they all slept great that night!)
Getting ready to blow out candles. Fawn sang "Happy Birthday" to himself. It was hilarious! It was also so much fun to watch Fawn sit at a table with some of his school friends -- it helped me really picture what lunch time is like for him on school days. So funny to hear two and three year olds carry on a conversation!
A huge thank you to our friends for coming out to celebrate Fawn's birthday. He was so excited to have his buddies at his party!


No comments:
Post a Comment