Thursday, January 12, 2012

Nesting Nonsense.

Whew...we've been busy around here.  Buck and I both seem to have caught the nesting bug.  The good news is that the house is super clean and organized.  And, the bad news is that as soon as baby #2 arrives I'm sure that will all go out the window.  A fresh start feels good, though. 

We've gutted Fawn's playroom -- removing the "grown-up" furniture to make room for baby things and give Fawn some much needed additional space to play.  Now our family room is looking a little frat house/bachelor pad with some mismatched furniture.  Just a sign of the times with little ones around...there are plenty of years for a nice, decorated look.

The baby things have been moved from the attic and re-assembled.  Buck's replenished his stash of batteries for all the gadgets too.

Car seat base is in -- after a stop at our friendly neighborhood fire department.  You would have thought we'd have remembered after a year of using the thing, but better to know we've got it in correctly.

I've washed and organized all of the gender neutral clothing -- in all honesty basically all of the newborn and 0-3 month sized clothes without Fawn's name or monogram.  I see no reason why a little girl (though I'm still convinced we're having a boy) couldn't wear a blue outfit to sleep. 

Oh, there's still more to do -- I've got a couple more loads of laundry (baby towels, changing pads, sheets for the bassinet, baby blankets), I've got to pack the hospital bags (I've made a list and stocked up on travel sized toiletries, but it all needs to be assembled), and I need to make sure everything for Fawn is organized for my stay in the hospital.  But, we're feeling more prepared, more excited, and yes more scared.  Let the countdown begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment