Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Wheels.

I'm not talking cars, I'm talking strollers. If I had parenting pre-baby advice on strollers it would be this: buy the cheap snap and go frame that works with your car seat. And then be done until you figure out what will work well for your baby.

I have been blessed with two boys with very different stroller-temperament. Fawn hated to be strapped in the stroller. Hated. It. In fact, most of our walks started with him in the stroller and concluded with him in a baby carrier and me pushing an empty stroller. He finally tolerated the Bob jogging stroller for mommy walks sometime after his first birthday - when I could bribe him with food. Now either Buck or I can bribe him with an iPod. (Thank you Apple!)

Small Fry, on the other hand, is perfectly content in his car seat. So he's happy to cruise in the stroller. As long as he's not hungry, of course, which he seems to be constantly as we are in the middle of the two-month growth spurt.

I am so glad I didn't waste money on a fancy stroller system or a high-end umbrella stroller. They just wouldn't have been used with Fawn. Once he learned to walk he just walked everywhere unless it was mommy exercise time. Who knows with Small Fry? We may end up with a Maclaren after all. Time will tell. But for now I'm enjoying strolling with him in this beautiful spring weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment