Small Fry turned two months old on Easter Sunday. Wow, time continues to absolutely fly by -- and we are soaking up wonderful memories with this dear little one.
(Notice the absence of Fawn in this month's photos -- he was burned out from Easter photos and wanted no part of photos with brother. Maybe month 3!?!?)
On the health front, we seem to have Small Fry's sensitive tummy issues under control between the changes to my diet and the addition of a probiotic for him. While he still has some tummy troubles, they pale in comparison to what we were dealing with those first few weeks. And, those long nights because of his tummy are in the rear view mirror...just another reminder that everything with children truly is just a season. Helps keep things in perspective when you are in the trenches! We did make an extra trip to the doctor this month -- Small Fry developed quite a rash. I originally assumed (incorrectly) that it was baby acne, but it got pretty bad and I took him to the doctor to discover that he has basically just a case of very, very, very sensitive skin (I guess to match that sensitive tummy -- at least he's consistent!) that was having a difficult time retaining moisture resulting in a yucky rash. Now we're simply applying Rejuvaderm twice a day and it quickly cleared right up. All pretty easy things to deal with.
We're still not sleeping great around here. We have several good nights a week with wake ups at 1 am and 5 am. And other not so great nights. But, Small Fry is a perfect angel in the middle of the night and I just love that time with him to snuggle. He is easy to put back to sleep which is also a huge blessing. Plus, I will take several hours of comfortable sleep over restless, 9-month pregnant, tossing and turning any day of the week!
We're not on any sense of a daytime schedule -- but Small Fry does love his naps and is happy to take them when we're out and about. We've continued to go, go, go this month. I braved our favorite library story time not once, but twice this month with both boys. It was a bit of sensory overload for Small Fry, but Fawn was a happy camper. Small Fry also made two appearances at the Botanical Gardens, Trussville Park, Leeds Park, and the zoo. Small Fry also got to watch his awesome big brother perform in his school's "Two's Spring Program". (Fawn was a bumblebee and it was really cute!) While I have yet to make it back to Sunday School since Small Fry arrived, we're at least back on our church routine which brings a sense of normalcy and calm. It was a busy month -- with Spring Break thrown in too.
Fawn has really adjusted well to his role as big brother this month. Fawn is eager for Small Fry to be able to play, though. In fact, earlier this month he suggested that we send Small Fry to Mars until he was old enough to play. I asked him who would take care of Small Fry on Mars, and without missing a beat, he responded that Martian Mickey would (for those of you not in the throws of toddler entertainment there is a Mickey Mouse space movie that features a normal Mickey and a Martian Mickey). I'm finally starting to get glimpses of precious sibling love -- and it really does warm my heart in a way I can't really describe. Fawn is constantly telling me all the things he wants to teach Small Fry and toys he wants to play with together. And, he loves it when he can make Small Fry smile! He's constantly checking on Small Fry in his car seat for me ("eyes open" or "eyes closed"). If Small Fry cries in the car though Fawn immediately requests that I turn off the music and then he covers his ears with his hands. I have to stifle a laugh! But, when we are in the house and Small Fry starts crying, Fawn is much more empathetic -- speaking sweet baby talk to Small Fry. One day I overheard him say "It's okay baby. Mommy loves you, and Mommy always comes back." (I was in the kitchen while Small Fry was hanging out in the swing in the living room.)
On to the stats...Small Fry is huge!
At nine weeks:
14 pounds, 3 ounces (literally off the charts)
23.5 inches tall (91 percentile)
We're already in size 6 month clothes. To me, he's just perfect! The perfect size to cuddle!
No comments:
Post a Comment