On Monday, we were at Overton Park with a sweet friend who lives in our neighborhood. Our young children were racing in the grassy area and "invaded" some turf of a group of older boys. One of the boys turned to Fawn and his friend and said something along the lines of "Watch out little kids." Fawn and his buddy headed back to the mommies with heads hung. Then, I kid you not, Fawn dropped to his knees, closed his eyes, clasped his hands and prayed. "Dear God, Please take the mean out of that boy. Please replace the mean with good. Amen." I was speechless while at the same time biting my lip to keep from cracking up.
On Wednesday, we had some pretty strong thunderstorms which seemed to have confused the robins who in flocks were flying into our front windows. I was afraid we were going to have broken glass and dead birds. Fawn and I looked through our front door to see a poor bird laying on our front steps, motionless. I called Buck in tears who was patient but not sympathetic to the poor bird or my distress at watching his demise. Fawn decided that we would go back to playing but check on the bird every few minutes. The next time we checked it was obvious the bird wasn't dead. He was crying -- and it broke my heart. More tears -- and perhaps a text or two to Buck. The next time he was sitting up. And, the next time he was gone. Fawn's reaction, "Mommy, God put His healing hand on the bird and made him all better!" That or he got dragged off by another animal, but I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping for the former!
On Thursday, Fawn and I were playing Transformers. I was Optimus Prime (a "good guy") and he was Soundwave (a Decepticon -- or "bad guy"). Fawn with his Soundwave came up to me to "help" me and I asked him what he was doing -- weren't we on opposite sides? "Oh no, Mommy. Soundwave prayed to God to be made good. So God changed him, God changed his heart."
He's funny even when he's trying to be serious. And, his heart is so sweet. I love this kid!
(Totally unrelated, but still loves to play dress-up with Daddy's boots.)
No comments:
Post a Comment