I turned thirty-three on Friday -- and while I'm not a birthday person, it was a really special day. I just love the love and attention from the boys! I ordered myself a couple small things on Zulily and Buck let the boys pick out what they were going to give me. Fawn picked out a fun tribal watch which left Small Fry to give me new flip flops (appropriate since Fawn loves watches and Small Fry has a shoe fetish). They gave me my presents on Friday morning and sang happy birthday to me. So sweet! Buck even surprised me with a new iPhone case. I was thrilled -- I desperately needed one but am too lazy to make time for the Apple store. I mean, in the rare occasions I'm at the Summit, I'm going to be clothes shopping or at Sephora!
My oh-so-precious dad put girly balloons on my mailbox to make me feel special. Fawn declared they were for princesses and he did not like them. Ha!
We left the boys with a babysitter Friday night to go to dinner at 26 with the Hendersons. The boys were super sad for us to leave, which broke my heart (and no one wants a broken heart on their birthday!). I think they thought they were missing out. Sweet Miss Dee from church kept them, though, and they were in good hands. We had such a fun dinner with Kelly and Heath -- as always. It was a great way to celebrate then end of my thirty-third year and the beginning of my thirty-fourth year.
On Saturday morning, I got Buck to take these pictures of me with my most precious blessings. This is how mama looked at 33 years and 1 day boys.
We combined my birthday with Easter and celebrated both at my parents' house for Sunday lunch and at the Nichols' on Sunday night. My dad and Buck totally hijacked my birthday lunch (choosing flank steak and twice baked potatoes instead of the Easter ham I requested and even trumping my pineapple cake suggestion with Texas sheet cake). But, it was delicious and lovely. It was great fun to have a weekend of birthday celebrations. Now to just do something about the gray hairs popping in....
No comments:
Post a Comment