Fawn was all smiles before the start of this big day. We started the day with chocolate croissants -- his favorite breakfast. And somehow I convinced him to wear a collared shirt, which he things are reserved for church. We made a deal that I can pick one day a month for him to wear a collared shirt and the rest of the days it's more casual clothes. That should just about cover me for picture day, Donuts for Dad, and Grandpals Day.
We made drop off a family affair. I shamed Buck into joining us. But I think he was glad he did -- he got to meet Mrs. Davis and see the school. And, I know Fawn was glad he did.
We were early birds -- of course! Do you know Buck? Early everywhere. We got to watch Fawn sign into his classroom for the first time. Big, huge, sprawling letters -- I know by the end of the year we will be watching him write like such a big boy. Then we walked him into his classroom. My mommy instinct made me want to stay and never leave him. Buck disagreed and with Mrs. Davis' urging -- since Fawn seemed fine -- we headed out.
I lost it in the car. It was a hard moment. And the day seemed to last FOREVER. I wanted two o'clock to arrive and my boy to be back with me.
When he jumped in my car and I asked how his day was, he said "It was great Mom." Just what I needed to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment