Don't mind Mr. Serious.
He could barely contain his grin.
He asked Fawn to help open Fawn's present -- a Rescue Bots Bumblebee that transforms into a dinosaur. Super cool!
Then it was time for the Mommy and Daddy present.
Cranky the Crane, which Fawn insisted I purchase for his little brother. Fawn was right, Small Fry loves it!
For his game, Small Fry got Cooties, which the three of us played right away. The boys had fun, and I think it was the first game Small Fry has officially completed! Growing up!
Then we asked Small Fry where he wanted to go for breakfast and he chose Magic Muffins. After our yummy breakfast we had to pause the fun for some family hygiene at the pediatric dentist. Boy do we love Dr. Flynt. He has always been great with the boys -- Fawn adores him. Small Fry has always put up quite the fuss in the past, but maybe he was feeling extra grown up because he was a rock star. No fussing and no tears. What a welcome change (and hoping the cooperation continues at the doctor and hairdresser!).
Since we were in Vestavia already, I asked the boys if they wanted to go to McCallum Park and play. They jumped at the chance. While there they got the dirtiest I have ever seen them. The ground was very dusty and dry and they proceeded to have a dust fight. Covered. With. Dust. They were disgusting. And, there was no way I was letting them into my car. Thank goodness there is a stream there. I instructed Fawn to take off his shirt and shoes and get clean in the stream. And, Small Fry went in wearing only his diaper. I usually pride myself on being prepared, but found myself without so much as one beach towel in my car. So the boys drip dried before we headed home.
We spent the rest of the morning swimming and eating a picnic lunch at Mema and Abou's with Mimi. After Fawn's nap, we played at home and Aunt C came to visit. Fawn and I made Small Fry a cookie cake and after dinner we sang to our precious baby. We kept asking him how old he was and his response was always "Two!", quickly followed by Fawn chiming in "and a half!"
I LOVE Small Fry watching Fawn sing Happy Birthday to him. Just melts my heart how much they adore each other.
Birthday boy!
Small Fry asked Fawn to help him blow out the candles.
Happy, happy, happy guy!
We are so in love with this little one who is growing oh so quickly. He captivates everyone who meets him with his preciousness and full of life personality. We couldn't be more proud to call him ours. Happy Birthday J-Diddy, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment