Lately, we have not been taking pictures (gasp!) or blogging (obviously!). We haven't been swimming either. Since the multiple encounters with snakes I've been hesitant to take Fawn by myself to my grandparents' pool. And, all my swimming buddies have abandoned me (my grandparents spent almost three weeks in Scandinavia, my mom and dad went to Marco Island before my mom returned back to work). Now that my grandparents are back on this side of the Atlantic, we hope to squeeze in some more swimming time before the pool gets too cold.
But, we've been having fun!
We've made multiple trips to the Botanical Gardens because frankly it has everything a little boy could want -- rocks, sticks and dirt. Needless to say, Fawn makes the most out of nature's toys and we never get out of there in under two hours. He loves that place.
And, of course, we get our money out of our zoo membership -- going no less than two times a week for the last few weeks. Insanity, I know. But, Fawn always wants to go, and we have such a great zoo that is literally ten minutes from our house so we take advantage of it. We definitely don't do the full zoo loop every time -- sometimes we just play on the playground or feed the fish or work on the tractor.
We've been hitting up one of our favorite parks off our beaten path -- Triangle Park in Forest Park. I am convinced it is 10 degrees cooler in Triangle Park than anywhere else in Birmingham. I love the shade and the constant breeze, and Fawn is obsessed with all of the trucks they have to play with. (So much so that I'm attempting to convince Buck that he needs to build us a mulch pit so we can recreate Triangle Park in our backyard.) If you have a child who loves trucks and construction equipment, you've got to go to Triangle Park -- you won't be disappointed.
We've made another trip up to the Gardendale Splash Pad. It was so calm and fun for the little ones now that the big kids are back in school. I believe its open through September, and I hope to take Fawn back.
I promise to get my camera out again soon and capture what's left of summer. Where has it gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment