four! Yes, we are expecting baby number two. He or she is set to arrive in February and we are thrilled. Fawn will be three years old when our newest addition enters the world and he likewise seems excited about a baby. I'm fifteen weeks pregnant and finally feeling really great. Praise God! Those first few months can be rough.
I've been keeping a pregnancy diary of sorts since I found out I was expecting in the form of blog entries I've written but haven't posted. So, I'll be sharing those on the blog soon. They may be totally boring to readers, but I hope my new little one will like the anecdotes from before his or her birth in the years to come.
I know my blogging has been more sporadic this summer, and I hope this latest piece of news explains why. It's been a long summer to say the least. Trying to balance entertaining Fawn, squeezing in part-time work, and being sick and exhausted has been tough. I have to tip my hat to Buck who once again has proven why he's an absolutely fabulous husband. He has pitched in at home in more ways than I can name. He's also been primary childcare provider on the weekends as I've either been (1) in bed or (2) catching up on work I didn't get done during the week because I was in bed. He has picked up the slack in all aspects of my home life. And, I am so thankful because for me the hardest part of the first trimester was the emotional toll it took on me, not the physical one. I just felt so guilty as a wife and mom -- like I was letting my husband and my son down because I simply couldn't keep up. Now that it's a memory and not a reality I think I have a healthy dose of perspective, but at the time the guilt was almost as bad as the sickness.
I can't wait to hold a baby again. I can't wait for Fawn to be a big brother and to meet his sibling. I can't wait for our family to truly feel complete. I can't wait for the big belly. I know adding an infant will drastically change our comfortable routine, but it's just what we want, what we longed for, and what we prayed for. We are so blessed and thankful that God has allowed us the privilege of becoming parents again.
Congrats, SK! Such exciting news! Glad to hear you're finally feeling better!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on baby #2!!
ReplyDeleteHooray for it being "blog-official!" We are just thrilled for you guys.
ReplyDelete