Though Fawn is most definitely an Alabama fan (as evidenced by multiple pictures of Fawn in his Alabama hat and his cute voice saying "Woll Tide"), I have taken him to Auburn to tailgate with my family every year. He calls Auburn games "big tiger" games and Alabama games "big elephant" games.
I grew up going to virtually every Auburn home game with my parents, and those memories are truly some of my most cherished from childhood. Then we moved away -- first to Colorado, then a suburb of Chicago, and I ended up in North Carolina for college. My ties to Auburn are certainly not as strong as my parents and brother (who all attended Auburn), but I love spending an occasional fall weekend with them -- it always takes me back to my childhood. To yummy tailgate food, playing tag football, and seeing friends from all over the state. And I love football -- I really don't care the name of the university on the jersey, I just really love the game for the game. Hence, my eagerness to attend any game -- be it Auburn or Alabama -- and to make sure my son has the same experiences. It's just part of growing up southern! Not only did we tailgate with my parents but Fawn was determined to actually go watch football. So he hopped on my dad's shoulders and off we went:
Even Fawn's beloved lovie -- "Chunky Bow-Wow" -- made it inside the stadium. Fawn, Chunky Bow-Wow and I only stayed for one quarter (it was hot people! and he's two!), at which point he insisted that I let him ride on my shoulders back to the car and we headed back to the lake. Very fun Saturday! See you next year, big tiger!


No comments:
Post a Comment