Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Day of School.

My sweet boy has officially started pre-school.  I can't believe it and feel so blessed that our church has such a precious day school program.  Although I left him a couple mornings a week last year at a church close to my office, something seems very different about actually being in a pre-school classroom.  Fawn's getting big on me!  He seemed to really enjoy his first few days (he only goes twice a week) and I think he is in love with his teachers.  I tried to get some cute first day of school pictures, but Fawn was having none of it (surprise, surprise!).
We made a quick stop at Magic Muffins on our way to school.  I found out quickly this summer that the promise of a mini-muffin is the best way to get Fawn moving in the morning.  This is Fawn's new way of "smiling" for me -- he just leans in towards the camera.  Too funny.
So excited (and actually cooperating!).
Sweet little angel did great!  Momma shed a few tears once back in the private confines of my car -- all I could think about was pre-school leads to elementary school (sob!) and that Fawn will be in college before I know it.  Very realistic, I know, as we're still in the diaper-changing phase.  But as it has been said, time is a mother's enemy!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Fawn! So glad he's having a good time at school. And I think it's just fine to be a little teary.

    ReplyDelete