Monday, December 10, 2012

Fawn's Special Weekend.

Whew this weekend was busy!  Super-fun, but super-busy.

We kicked off the weekend with Fawn's best buddy T's 4th birthday party.  T had a camp out party Friday night to celebrate.  I hated to miss it, but Small Fry is under the weather and I stayed home with him to get him to bed at his normal time (6:30).  Fawn and Buck had a great time, though.  I've been hearing all about it.  And, the party favors were a huge hit -- all sorts of camping necessities.  Fawn has been wearing his all weekend. 

Here he is Saturday with his compass, knife, and gun.  I'm guessing the binoculars and walkie talkie are in his back pockets.
 
On Saturday morning, I ran in a 5K -- my first since before I was pregnant with Fawn!  Eek!  I completed the couch to 5K program and felt great during the run.  While it was tough to fit in the workouts, it has been great to have that stress relief.  I make it a point to only jog with the stroller one day a week (between the hills where I live and the stroller it's just too much).  So, a huge thank you to Buck for helping me schedule my workouts while he watches the kids.  My parents also watched them a couple afternoons for me -- thank you, thank you!  Buck was supposed to run with me but my friend K (T's mom) totally bailed him out.  We had a great time running together -- she is tall and runs WAY more than I do so I know she could run laps around me.  But she was so sweet to jog with her 5'3" friend. 
 
Saturday night I took Fawn to Zoolight Safari for some one-on-one time.  We had a great time -- the highlights being the train ride, the carousel and the fake snow.  On the train ride we even saw Santa Claus.  Fawn was mesmerized and told me "Mommy, Santa said Merry Christmas just to me -- he looked right at me!"  He was so excited. 
Ready for the train ride.
 
So excited on the carousel.  He was insistent that he get to ride an elephant and luckily we found a free one.
 
On Sunday I took Fawn to see Peter Pan presented by the Birmingham Children's Theater.  It was an event that my law firm puts on and a great way to take Fawn to his first play.  There was lunch and crafts before the show and meeting the characters after.  Fawn loved every minute; he was so well-behaved and paid such good attention.  He seemed to be able to follow the show, laughed, and clapped. 
So excited to meet Peter Pan.  (Yes, we wore the same shirt Saturday night and Sunday...don't judge.  Fawn loves his Christmas shirts and the other one was very dirty!)

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment