Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012.

Yes, I know it's Christmas.  All of our pictures from the pumpkin patch were on my phone -- hence the delay!  Better late than never though.

All of the 3K classes at Fawn's school went on a field trip together to Old Baker Farm in early October.  Only parents and 3-year olds, so Small Fry stayed with our dear babysitter Miss Kelly.  It was his first time to stay with a non-family member and he did great.  I trust Miss Kelly completely and knew Small Fry would do great, which he did!  It was so nice to have Fawn to myself for something fun and special like a field trip -- four hours of quality time.

We carpooled to the farm and rode with Fawn's best buddy and his mom (one of my best friends -- our mountain trip friends) plus another mom and little girl.  The boys were so wild in the car -- just hyper and excited to get to the farm.  It was a HOT October day, and I was so glad a couple of my friends and I made the decision to wear workout attire.  The kids all wore their school t-shirts and looked precious.

It was a fun day but pretty disorganized, honestly.  There was a mix-up on which day our school would be there and the sweet folks at Old Baker Farm just weren't ready for us.  We made the most of it though and I'm sure the kids didn't pick up on the chaos.

First up, the animals.  Fawn grabbed my phone and started snapping away. 
I think these are baby chickens.
Gobble, gobble.
Geese.  (At which point I rescued my phone.  Did not want to explain to Buck that I let my three-year old feed it to an animal.)
 
Before lunch, the kids had fun climbing on a tower made from hay bales.
I mean check out the gorgeous blue sky.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.
King of the mountain.  I had to instruct him not to jump off.
 
We ate lunch in the top of the barn.  Not the most pleasant of dining experiences, but the kids had fun.
 
A cute shot of Fawn and his "girlfriend" -- love this girl and her sweet mama.
 
On the hay ride to the pumpkin patch.  I realized looking at these pictures that day that my sunglasses were askew in each one.  Lo and behold -- the nose piece was broken on one side.  Now I'm sporting some fun reddish glasses.  Yay!
 
Fawn was determined to pick out green pumpkins.  He found two and was so proud.
 
Happy day!
 
These boys were hyper even after all of that playing.  Love these two!
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment