We celebrated my grandmother's 84th birthday. She is one hopping 84-year old and can even run circles around Fawn. I am so thankful that my children are getting to know their great grandparents, especially because these two have had such an impact on my life.
Fawn is now a big enough boy that Buck will actually take him into the shooting houses to go hunting with him. It's probably the only time in his life that Fawn is actually still...except when he's sleeping. Fawn is always excited to tell me about the deer they see but is quite frustrated that Buck hasn't shot a deer yet with Fawn in tow. Maybe next time.
Speaking of Buck, he did get a doe this year when he was bow-hunting without Fawn. He got the deer processed and we enjoyed the first of many fabulous steak dinners from his hunting this past weekend. I was thanking him and praising his grilling skills (it really was excellent!) when he took it a bit too far. He actually suggested that by hunting and cooking the meat that I was eating it was basically like he was the one breastfeeding Small Fry. Umm...I'm still speechless and don't really know where to go with this.
We celebrated my mom's birthday (I won't divulge her age -- you are welcome mom!), but she looks way younger than she is. Dad went above and beyond this year getting Mom a beautiful ring. I hope she remembers it as a special birthday. It was nice to celebrate someone who always does so much for us!
I'm still amazed at how quickly kids fly through various interests and back again. Our top three right now are Transformers, super heroes, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Fawn calls them Teenage Maninja Asian Turtles. We just go with it. His Sunday school teacher called him Raphael on Sunday so I'm guessing he was role-playing.
Tis the season to battle the sniffles and coughs. While neither of the boys has been really sick, we've constantly battled the crud...passing it back and forth and back again.
Small Fry has done much better at church the past couple weeks. He graduated to the Bunnies room -- for more mobile little ones. He much prefers the floor and cruising play to the exersaucers, swings, bouncy seats. We've made it through church on the last two attempts, and for that I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment