Thursday, March 14, 2013

Big Machines Day 2013.

I took Fawn to Big Machines Day this year on a super-cold (for Alabama standards) Saturday morning while Buck and Small Fry hung out at home.  It was just too cold for a baby who would have been miserable standing in line.

Fawn was mesmerized.  He loves machines and claims he is going to be a construction worker when he grows up.  We "rode" most of the machines until the cold, windy morning just got the best of us and we headed home for some lunch and warmth.

Our first machine ... a small crane I think (perhaps I should blog in a more timely manner and I would remember!).
Stop two was a street sweeper.  I was fascinated -- the entire cab was glassed in.
"It's freezing Mom."
Then he lounged while I waited (and waited and waited) in line for the giant crane.
It was worth it...a look of wonder!
He loved the spinning chair of the backhoe.
Forklift fun.
Indulging me by looking at the camera.
 My favorite picture from the day.

A great day with a great four-year old.  Thanks to McWane and Craneworks for such a fun activity for little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment