Fawn turned 4 on January 26; Small Fry turned 1 on February 8; Buck turned 32 on February 12. So instead of two little boy family birthday parties and one grown up birthday dinner, we did a combo party at our house on a rainy, Sunday afternoon.
There wasn't a theme -- just lots of bright colored birthday cuteness (and really cute guests of honor).
I made a photo invite on Shutterfly featuring our guests of honor. We invited the in-town great-grands, grandparents, Buck's aunt and cousin, and all of our siblings. Everyone came to help the boys celebrate!
We tried for a cute family shot and came up with a bunch of "almosts" (not for lack of trying!).
Of course, there was cake (and ice cream too). Vanilla pudding cake with buttercream frosting for Small Fry, chocolate pudding cake with buttercream frosting for Fawn, and chocolate chip cookie cake for Buck. I know I've said it once, but I'll say it again -- I love a homemade birthday treat.
I am currently not opposed to bribing Fawn to take a picture with me.
We blew up lots and lots of balloons to add some color. The boys loved having them to play with. We've continued throughout this rainy month adding balloons when our supply gets low -- makes for a fun play date.
This guy always wants to play. His daddy, on the other hand, has threatened to pop every last one if he trips over another one. It is a bit annoying -- but anything for some fun, winter, indoor fun.
We started with gifts.
Every baby loves bows!
The hunting bow from Uncle Pak was a huge hit.
Small Fry was a happy camper despite the chaos.
Fawn got this excavator for his sandbox from Buck and me.
That's one hand-me-down Small Fry can get excited about!
Happy 1st Birthday precious angel!
Happy 4th Birthday my sweet, big boy!
And, Happy 32nd Birthday to Buck! (Who somehow managed to eat his cookie cake outside the lens of the camera.)
Of course, I won't leave you without sharing the baby and cake pictures. Small Fry finally dug in head first when he realized cake was actually a good thing.
He took several tentative bites and made quite an icing mess. When he started throwing chunks of icing and cake on the floor, we called it a birthday and cleaned the little fella up. To think that next year he will be eating birthday cake with a fork...oh my!
No comments:
Post a Comment