So what's our little fella up to? Loves his mobility and his freedom. He still loves to dance. It's precious. And, he tries to jump when we say jump. It's just an exaggerated bounce, but he is so proud. He's started to be more of a climber. I've found him several times standing on the seat of the rocking horse Buck's parents gave him for his birthday. Plus, he loves to climb on the step stool in our powder room. Speaking of powder rooms...I made it through Fawn's babyhood with not one toy thrown in the toilet. Not so with this crazy guy. If we forget to put the lid down and he manages to make it he will toss anything in the toilet...balls, toys, a sterling silver rattle. Lovely.
He got his first haircut, courtesy of Buck. I'd been begging for a haircut for Small Fry because strangers refer to him as a girl constantly. Plus, he was rocking a mullet. Buck agreed last weekend and chopped off the back. It looks great! Buck cut Fawn's hair multiple times before we found our beloved Mr. Eddie at Cahaba Plaza Barber Shop. And, he was always an angel -- he would sit and clap for Buck as he cut. Not so with this feisty baby. It took three grown-up hands (my two and one of Buck's) to hold his head still (while he was screaming bloody murder) while Buck's other hand cut his hair. Small Fry is simply not a fan of people messing with him. He hates his diaper changed and his clothes changed. He hates the doctor and dentist. And, now we know he hates his hair being cut.
We got another tooth -- so we are up to six (four top and two bottom). And, I am so happy to report that his eating is returning to his normal self. Sleeping...better, but still not great. We average two wake ups a night...a good night is one and a bad night these days is three. From where we came from this is HUGE progress. Our pediatrician doesn't seem concerned and is pretty optimistic that the situation will continue to improve. I certainly hope he's right!
Dada, all done, and that ("dat") are his favorite words. While I occasionally hear a Mama, it's usually only when he's feeling trapped in his crib and knows I'm his best option out! He's not talking much but is very vocal -- loving to scream, say "ooh" (while making a funny face) and "sss" if I try to "shush" him.
In other news, he's graduated from the soft-soled baby shoes to real shoes. They look precious, though Buck comments that he constantly looks down at them as if to ask "what are these things on my feet?" I finally gave him a "lovie" in his crib. I was hoping he would choose something himself, but he never did -- so I unilaterally chose one to throw in his crib. He cuddles up with it in his crib and then seems totally disinterested during the day. In fact, during the day I would say that his lovies are balls. He holds a ball constantly and screams if you try to take it away. We are working on totally dropping the morning nap. He only takes the morning nap two or three days a week with the other days he's down to afternoon only. Transitions are always tough -- and he's had an especially hard time on Fawn's school days if he doesn't take a morning nap. We don't pick Fawn up from school until one and Small Fry crashes in the car on the way. He is so asleep I can get him out of his car seat, carry him into the school to pick up Fawn, put him back in his car seat, drive home, get him out again at home and get him into his crib without waking him up. Dead to the world. And totally precious.
On for the fun part...the pictures. I've given up the weekly pictures, but monthly ones will continue to grace the blog (as will monthly updates) until he is two.
Love the cheeks.
This is his "ooh" face.
Cuddled up with Daddy.
Pure love.
No comments:
Post a Comment