This baby is growing up way too fast. I've been taking pictures of the quintessential "baby" shots to remember Small Fry at these last stages of babyhood.
Baby on a rocking horse.
While he hates the high chair, he generally loves to eat. He's been filling up his sweet tummy with summer blueberries -- and loving every berry bite.
Sweet Small Fry loves the bath. The problem is that big brother Fawn loves the bath too. And, big brother Fawn dominates bath time when they are both in the tub -- always claiming the spot under the faucet. Poor Small Fry! He's usually pretty agreeable to get pushed to the back. And, he's also pretty agreeable to play what Fawn wants to play, to get splashed, and to get water dumped on his head.
But a bath by himself? That's a treat. Love my water baby!
One of my dear college friend's mother gave me the following advice on raising children: Always believe that your best days are ahead of you. Always believe that you will enjoy your children and your relationship with them more with each passing year -- even into their adulthood. While I have to fight the urge to not dwell on the passing of time and the growing up of babes, this advice has been my mantra as of late. I have found myself looking with joy at the mother with two elementary school aged boys playing in the pool -- thinking "that looks like so much fun!" And, with that, I'm looking less and less longingly at the mothers of newborns. Not that I don't love a baby -- I absolutely, with my whole heart do. But, our best days are ahead -- our most fun is ahead. Will it be hard to watch them grow up and to let go more and more? No doubt it will. But, instead of wishing for days that have passed -- I choose to look forward, to embrace the new ages and stages and the magical days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment