Small Fry is talking up a storm. He will repeat many words -- even ones that I'm certain he has no idea what they mean. As for words he can really say: mama, dada, brother (bubba -- I still love it!), dog, woof, Hank, Hannah, more, done, no, throw, down, box, ball, baseball, fish, bubble, bath, car, uh-oh, bye-bye, night-night, home, diaper, Mimi, Pops, Lulu, Doc, Mema and Abou (my grandparents). One of our favorite games in the car is for Fawn to say: "Can you say ________?" and Small Fry will repeat it. Fawn laughs out loud at some of the pronunciations -- and Small Fry laughs back at Fawn. They are precious together. My favorite word Small Fry says is his interpretation of Fawn's name. It is the exact same way Fawn said his own name as a toddler -- Shoosh Shoosh. It definitely is a trip down memory lane. The funniest word he says is "uh oh" because he makes a big production out of it. He will drop or thrown things repeatedly just to hear himself say "uh oh" and to get our laughing reactions.
Small Fry is a climber and an explorer. He doesn't like being still. We've been to the pool pretty regularly this summer and thankfully he loves the water. He doesn't mind getting splashed -- and actually seems amused by Fawn's antics when they result in splashes. He also loves to sit on the side of the pool and kick his legs. Speaking of sitting -- the child loves to find a seat. It's hilarious. If I take him shopping or to run errands he will sit on the first available shelf (because of course he won't ride in a shopping cart without losing his mind). At my parents' house he loves to plop down on their hearth by the fire place.
He's quite the finicky eater -- loving something one day and rejecting it the next. I would still say fruits are his favorite -- and really about the only thing I can get him to consistently eat. I think I've mentioned that Small Fry loves a juice box. He calls them "box" and will go crazy for one. I think the fascination is the straw so have stocked up on the straw sippy-cups for his normal water.
Small Fry loves to flip through books on his own, but rarely will sit through one in my lap. He will wander around the room during reading time and perk up when he hears me read his favorite page of a book. His favorite thing right now might be feeding the dogs treats. He thinks it's hilarious!
He's becoming more of a little boy and less of a baby by the day. While I'm sad to see the baby days fading, to watch him discover the world is amazing. And to see boys start to experience life as brothers makes me so thankful that they have each other. Fawn said the other day that Small Fry was his "bestest buddy ever." I cannot even imagine the fun my sweet boys will have as they continue to grow!
Taking a seat on the front steps.
Check out the mullet.
We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment