Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fawn's Fifth Birthday

Fawn turned five on January 26. Five seems like a big deal -- so we wanted him to have a special day. His birthday fell on a Sunday, so we planned to celebrate all day.

We started the day with presents. A Transformers blanket made by Mom, a Transformer (Hard Shell), a Lego Chima book with Legos all from Mom and Dad and a Power Rangers sword from Small Fry. Fawn was one excited five year old.

So excited by the pile of presents (and the house decorated for his Transformers party -- are we sensing an obsession?).

He is such a big boy -- but sometimes I glimpse a profile and catch the last looks of my baby, the button nose, the round cheeks. Oh and those perfect little hands!

No material thing makes him happier than a new Transformer.

Sweet boy stole a fleece blanket of mine when he was about two and moved into his big boy bed. It is a totally girly polka dot blanket. I thought this Transformers blanket would make a good trade to get mine back -- it worked!

We followed presents by chocolate chip pancakes (I tried for sprinkle pancakes but for this chocolate-loving boy they do not compare to chocolate chips). Then we headed to church, where I volunteered at Children's Church so I wouldn't have to spend a moment away from my birthday boy. We skipped out on Sunday School (it was an All-Adult Sunday School week) and headed home for our last surprise present. We gave Fawn his Transformers birthday card (complete with Optimus Prime talking to you) and it said there was another present downstairs.

Hmmm...I wonder what it could be.

SO EXCITED!

Running toward...

His new bike!

So big and so proud!

We took the boys and the bike up to Brookwood Forest to ride and play until Small Fry's nap. We enjoyed the pretty weather and played, played, played.

A little riding.

A little swinging.

A little climbing.

And then Daddy got in on the action.


Fun family times.

Then it was back home to put Small Fry down for his nap and put the finishing touches on Fawn's Transformers birthday party. And what a party it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment