Monday, January 6, 2014

Nature Learning.

Fawn is not yet five years old and already knows more about animals than I did before I started dating his dad. No joke. I love it -- and couldn't be prouder. Yes, they are hunting these animals, but I truly am so happy about his awe for nature. Our last few months have seen the following.

Rattlesnake. They killed several this summer. Eek. Now as we drive the farm roads, Fawn points out to me where he and Buck saw and or killed big snakes. (Snakes are my least favorite of all of God's creation; I am bracing myself for summer weekends at the farm.) Buck cut off the rattle and gave it to Fawn. Double eek.

I am fully aware that the only animal in this picture is Fawn, but it is too cute to not include. His very first dove hunt with our friends the Butlers.

He's a good bird dog. That's a dove.

Fish I can't identify. Will have to get Buck to edit the blog.

Ditto.

First deer with Buck -- a doe. It got him hooked on deer hunting. He wakes up at the crack of dawn -- before Buck and his alarm -- to get Buck up for deer hunting.

Pig hunt.

First ever duck hunt.

He was one proud duck hunter.

Duck hunt part two -- several days later.

Even Small Fry is proud.

My hunting men.

Buck got a buck (on the same day as those five ducks!),

We don't shoot these armadillos. They sure are nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment