Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Holidays at the Farm.

We just got back from the most wonderful, relaxing time at the farm. I am so thankful for such a beautiful, peaceful place to go with my family. And, I am thankful for my woods-loving hubby and my boys who are always happier and more content outside than inside. Love them and so loved our extended time together.

We headed to the farm the day after Christmas for a couple days. It was great detox from the Christmas frenzy and rush. Buck took Fawn on his first ever duck hunt and they were successful.




After Small Fry's naps, he and I explore the pond road while we wait for our hunting men to return. He loves his exploring time -- sometimes he dawdles, sometimes he runs. He digs in the dirt, searches for sticks and stomps in ant beds. It's precious, perfect little boy time.





I drove the boys home and Buck headed to Selma to hunt with his life long friends. We went to church and then celebrated Aunt C's birthday Sunday before heading back to the farm first thing Monday morning. We stayed until Saturday. It was the longest stretch I had ever spent at the farm and the longest we have been out of town as a family. Pure bliss. It flew by, and while there was lots that needed doing when we got home (I'm still playing catch-up) I did not want to leave. One of the highlights was Uncle Pak's fireworks show on New Year's Eve. It was great! And, Fawn's farm friends came over to enjoy the show with us.

The big boys went hunting almost every morning and afternoon -- except for a rainy morning and a super-freezing morning. They had fun -- and success!















What else do we do? A lot of playing outside and running around. Tag, hide-n-seek, soccer, kickball. We ride around in the golf cart and Doc's new Bad Boy Buggy. Fawn practices shooting his BB gun. 

Small Fry and I continued to explore the pond road. One afternoon we heard a buck grunt, we saw an otter, and we saw lots of tracks. Small Fry even understands what a track is and he loves to point them out. He also found a stick and pretended to shoot the birds.






A perfect farm sunset to end a perfect farm week.

No comments:

Post a Comment