We bought a new car on April 5. I think it was a combination of big school and carpool staring us in the face, the timing being right to sell the Honda Accord, and Buck and me being sick and tired of trading cars back and forth and back again (first world problem, I know). My parents watched the boys one night so we could go to CarMax and check out an assortment of used vehicles. I was trying to be open-minded, but pretty much had my mind made up that I wanted a three row SUV. Little did I know Buck felt the exact same way. Little did either of us know that we hated three row SUVs (felt like sardines, too many moving parts, very little usable space) and...wait for it...loved minivans. We spent a couple weeks looking for used vans but it just didn't seem to be the right financial decision. So one Saturday, we went to the Toyota dealership in workout clothes and came home with a new silver minivan (the Silver Bullet) -- though Fawn says it's the Blue Silver Bullet because it looks more blue than silver. I'm in love. I do have to say that I was doubting and second-guessing our decision the night we bought it -- and generally feeling very guilty for having a brand new super nice vehicle. But, on Sunday morning when I woke up and went downstairs I saw the identification number of the vehicle -- 41881 -- otherwise known as my birthday. It was meant to be! A little sign from God that it was a good decision after all. (I was extra thankful for his provision of this sign the very next morning when we woke up to several inches of water in our basement and I worried that we would need money to fix a water problem and we shouldn't spend money on something like a car.)
My boy before his second appointment with our pediatric neurologist. It was a scheduled follow-up and we were so thankful because winter and early spring were tough headache-wise. They seem to have gotten more frequent and more severe. The doctor advised we add another vitamin supplement (B2), and although it is only available in capsule form Fawn is swallowing it nightly like a champ. I'm not sure it's helping, but we seem to be in a holding pattern with three headaches in the last month.
Fawn and Buck always play games when we're waiting at the doctor. The doctor did advise that we do an MRI. We were supposed to get it late one afternoon, but thankfully ended up with a morning slot. Fawn was not allowed to eat before the MRI in case they had to sedate him and just getting through the morning on a hungry, empty belly was tough for Fawn -- I cannot imagine if we'd waited all day! Buck went back with him and said he was a rock star. He was perfectly still for the eighteen minutes of pictures -- they did not have to retake a single one. Perhaps he was so excited about his prizes that I'd bought for still cooperation. That or he's just an awesome patient. Or both. We were so proud of him and then so relieved when the MRI came back clear. Praise the Lord! We will stick with the supplements for now and continue to evaluate if we can do something better to take care of him.
I loved spending Tuesday mornings this year at Together Time with Small Fry. He loved it too! Of course we enjoyed it when Fawn played hooky and joined us, but Fawn is a bit old for the program and Small Fry is at the perfect age to soak up the fun.
Right before a haircut. Buck was pushing a buzz cut but I couldn't let that happen! Unfortunately our precious barber Mr. Eddie retired. Someone else from the same barber shop cut Fawn's hair (and cut Small Fry's a couple weeks later) ... and they are just not Mr. Eddie quality hair cuts. We are in the market for a new barber!
Zoo trip!
Rest time.
We could not figure out why this little nugget was so tired. A couple days later we knew -- when he came down with a double ear infection. Fawn had a double ear infection in April too. Ouch! Poor boys. Thankfully, they both bounced back fairly quickly after a couple days of antibiotics.
He's very into accessories...be it hats, shoes, gloves, or goggles.
They played with goggles on for days.
The dune racer is still a huge hit -- they ride around in it several afternoons a week. Fawn always driving, Small Fry always riding. Small Fry cannot steer. Just can't do it yet.
This little one has been napping more. Definitely not daily, but when he needs it and we put him down he will usually fall asleep. Being tired is one of his migraine triggers so we have attempted to be very vigilant in getting him as much sleep as possible.
Fun in the lunchroom on Fawn's last day of preschool with his friend Denton. He was in a class with the sweetest and most fun group of boys this year. What a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment