On one hand I am so excited for what's to come. The closer we get to starting BWF the more excited I get for Fawn. I am constantly reminded by people in the community of what a great school it is and how great the kindergarten year is. And, one of my prayers this year has been answered as we have met more and more BWF families. I can picture our bubble expanding to include this awesome community, and for that I'm excited. I'm also thrilled that Small Fry will go to IPC Day School next year. I love so many things about it -- most importantly that my mom is in charge! The horizon is bright for Fawn and Small Fry. And, it's bright for us too.
That said, I do not do change well. I'm not terrible at it, but I get anxious and sad with letting go. It is hard to say goodbye to pre-school for Fawn. Not having him home an extra day of the week and every afternoon is going to be a hard adjustment for all of us. It is hard to say goodbye to Christian education for him. I can see the footprints it has made on his heart, and I mourn the end of school being infused with the gospel. It is hard to say goodbye to Covenant Day School, which has been the perfect place for Fawn the past three years -- including all the amazing teachers and sweet mamas I've met. And, Small Fry's sweet three teachers -- there are no words for how amazing they've been for him this year.
But we had to say goodbye so we did! We started the day with some end of school pictures and a trip to Magic Muffins. It was bike day for Fawn -- and he was so excited. He also really wanted me to eat lunch with him on his last day, which was so sweet and fun. It wasn't everyone's last day -- Friday was the official end of the school year, but we were heading to the beach so we missed it. I almost think that was a blessing for me because the emotions of others weren't compounded with my own. Even so, watching Fawn hug his teachers goodbye for the last time about did me in. The lump in my throat was huge -- and we still had to get Small Fry. I couldn't handle it, so I avoided it. I did pick up my two year old, don't worry. I couldn't even acknowledge the goodbye aspect -- it was just too sad. When we finally got back to the car, I started sobbing. Fawn insisted that I needed to be happy, but I was overwhelmed with the "end". I was sad on and off throughout the afternoon. While I know the new chapter is going to be filled with more blessings than I can even imagine at this point, closing the book on this chapter of our lives was bittersweet. I will forever be thankful for the past three years -- they have been the happiest of my life. Can't wait to see what's to come!
Love him so.
Small Fry was having no part of it.
Do you know how hard it is to get two little boys to look at the camera at the same time?
He is so big.
Brother boom for the last day of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment