Monday, January 17, 2011

All About Belle.

My first question as I read blogs is usually "who is this woman?"  I want to know what she's like -- and what similarities we share -- as I read her perspective on life (and especially on mothering).  So here goes -- all about Belle in a few paragraphs.

I'm a Christian.  While I usually fail, I strive each day to draw closer to God.  I'm proud to say I've read the Bible from cover to cover.  Not because that makes me a good Christian (it doesn't), but because it makes me realize that if I put my mind to something I can do it with God's help.  And, I share it because if I can do it you can too.  Pick it up -- Genesis 1:1; read for a few minutes a night and you will finish it too (in less than one year!!!).  What better way to be equipped for this world than to have actually read God's instruction manual for it.

I'm a wife and a mom, both of which are full time jobs.  I'm blessed to share my life with two of the most wonderful men on the planet -- one of which I chose to marry and one of which I brought into this world.  Both are immense blessings from God.  They drive me batty, test my limits, and challenge me to do better each day.  But, they also both love completely, shower me with affection, and are the source of the perma-grin I wear on my face.  I am happy and honored to care for them.  I also have two part-time jobs -- one for real (attorney) and one for fun (ballet teacher). Yes, I said attorney and ballet teacher in the same sentence.  Don't believe stereotypes -- about either.

I love to cook, sew, knit and read.  I love "projects" -- and tapping into my inner creativity (which I seemed to have lost for my three years of law school and four years of full-time law practice). 

My posts on this blog will cover a little of all of the above.  Faith, family, work, hobbies.  It won't be controversial, though -- if you're looking for that, this is not good reading material for you.  I won't discuss politics, discipline or the benefits/dangers of vaccines (or fill in the blank for the next big parenting decision of our generation).  It will be about love, laughter, and fun -- it will be about small successes and big joys.  It will be the things I want to remember and share.  Come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment