So here we are at the beginning. I never in a million years thought my husband (known here as "Buck") would agree to a blog. He doesn't read blogs. And, when we welcomed our first child into the world two years ago (our son, "fawn") -- he put his foot down when I suggested a baby blog. We compromised on a Shutterfly Share Site for our family and close friends, but now here we are starting a blog together.
Buck turned to me this evening while we sat watching the BCS National Championship Game (by way of background, Buck is a huge Alabama fan -- having spent seven years in Tuscaloosa getting his undergraduate and graduate degrees). Thus, Auburn's presence in the big game was a little too much for Buck. "I mean, what do you read online?" Buck asked, trying to pass the time. I gave him the names of a few of my favorite blogs (mostly cooking and parenting related) and suggested that Buck search for some hunting blogs. When Buck didn't find what he was looking for, we started discussing the possibility of our own blog. I had been contemplating starting a blog on my thirtieth birthday chronically my adventures in attempting domestic dominance. Buck and I decided that a his and her's blog was perfect for us.
While we united in our love of our child and for each other, to be quite frank our interests are as varied as they come (in this regard, we are your typical southern couple). Buck loves hunting, fishing, grilling, fiddling, and piddling. Belle loves cooking, baking, sewing, and knitting. We'll cover all of our favorites, plus our trials and joys of parenting.
No comments:
Post a Comment