Have you ever shopped for long johns for your little one? Not from a catalogue or in some fancy ski shop, but at the mall or Target or Walmart? Well, if you have (like me) you've been met with zero success. Oh yes, they do make long johns, for grown-ups and big kids. But not for toddlers -- and don't ask me why not -- I have no idea.
I do know that Fawn needs them in the winter -- on those days that we brave the cold and are the only residents of our mid-sized city at the zoo or the park. Especially on the days that I dress him, because if he's not going to school (where he always comes home disgusting -- never an article of clothing without food or art supplies adorning it), I put him in cutesy clothes. Not girly, just cutesy. But the problem with cutesy clothes is that they're not warm. They're "singly-ply" if you will. One layer of gingam, plaid, or polka dot material -- and if you're really lucky one thin layer of lining. Fawn's not usually so lucky; when I sew his clothes I generally omit the lining (which I view as totally optional). So the boy needs some long johns!
My solution: little girl leggings. (Don't tell Buck -- he's not a fan of girly clothes on his little man, and certainly would carry on if he knew I was putting his son in leggings.) $3 a pair at Walmart -- cheap and works like a charm!
By the way, this is also my test to see if Buck is actually reading this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment