Thursday, January 20, 2011

Handknit with love.

I love to knit.  My paternal grandmother taught me while I was in law school.  She attempted to teach me when I was little, but it didn't stick.  This time it stuck.  Maybe the timing was just right.  Before law school my favorite hobby was reading.  I soaked up books.  But, all you do in law school is read.  So, reading didn't seem relaxing to me anymore.  Yarn and needles, though, that's relaxing.  And creative.  And fun.  It's also a great way to make gifts for people you care about. 

Nothing beats baby yarn -- the soft weight, beautiful colors.  And, nothing says "welcome to the world" like a handknit garment.  Baby hats are my specialty.  I also love baby blankets and sweaters.  But, nothing beats a tiny hat to cover a precious head.

We must be in the middle of a baby boom, because I delivered three baby hats last week.  I hope that yarn feels as soft on those heads as it did on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment