Monday, November 21, 2011

Crazy Beach-Loving Fawn.

We had the lucky privilege of spending the long weekend before Halloween at Destin, Florida.  We needed to be in Destin on Saturday for a wedding, and turned it into a family getaway with Buck's family.  It had been ages since I'd been to the beach in the fall.  It was gorgeous -- definitely the best time of the year to enjoy the sun and sand!  I'd only taken Fawn to the beach in the middle of summer and this trip was a welcome change.  


Our first morning, Fawn was up and raring to go, sand toys and all.
It was 7 a.m. and fairly chilly for the beach (maybe 70 degrees), but that's apparently doesn't deter a two-year old.
I had to go with him so he wouldn't drown, but man it was chilly (and even chillier once we were wading in wet clothes!).
Seriously kid?  After dragging him back to the beach house and into some dry clothes, applying the sunscreen, and packing a lunch picnic, Fawn and I spent the rest of the morning playing on the beach...and eagerly awaiting the arrival of Buck that evening.  Fawn talked non-stop about teaching daddy how to play on the beach.  Apparently since Buck had never been with Fawn at the beach, Fawn's toddler mind jumped to the conclusion that Buck had never, ever been to the beach.  There was plenty of father-son bonding, though...more pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment