We've tried to make it a family tradition of visiting a pumpkin patch each year with Fawn before Halloween. I am not sure three years counts as a tradition yet, but you've got to start somewhere. We're so lucky to have such fun, accessible pumpkin patches close to Birmingham. In 2009 and 2010, we visited Old Baker Farm in Harpersville.
2009 cuteness and chubbiness:
2010 slimmer, tractor obsessed little boy:
This year we went to the Great Pumpkin Patch in Hayden. While a little further away, it is open all day every weekday, so was a much better fit for our schedule. Our October weekends found themselves jam-packed, so, unfortunately Fawn and I went sans Buck this year (I don't think Buck's shedding any tears over missing the pumpkin patch experience). Great minds must think alike because we ran into multiple friends at the pumpkin patch, which made it even more fun.
So excited on the tractor ride to the pumpkin patch:
Fawn displaying his loot (you would think he was miserable based on the face, but this is his current expression when asked to pose for a picture):
One nice thing about this pumpkin patch is that it allowed a la carte purchasing -- I could pay to ride on the tractor ride but only buy one pumpkin. I knew I couldn't carry two pumpkins, possibly a toddler, and the baby growing in my belly back to the car sans Buck so we went with the one pumpkin option. Fawn still make me work, though. Not only did he pick quite possibly the dirtiest pumpkin in the patch, he also picked one without a stem. But he loved it!
Beautiful day, precious boy, peaceful tractor ride back to the activities:
Then we hit the petting zoo (ho hum) and the inflatable park. I was hesitant to take Fawn into the inflatable park because though he loves jumping on sofas, beds, parents, he has always shied away from inflatables. I guess it's part of his first-born, cautious nature coming through. But, he was eager to follow his friends so off we went. While he definitely stuck to the smaller inflatables (REFUSED to climb up the inflatable slides) and was slow to warm up, he found his courage and jumped to his little heart's content. With a huge smile on his face the entire time. (I'm almost embarrassed to share this photo because I know you're thinking -- all the germs in his mouth! -- but it's just too cute and shows such joy!)
Let me tell you, these sweet boys were pooped!
Thank you Great Pumpkin Patch for an awesome fall day -- we'll definitely be back to continue our pumpkin tradition!







No comments:
Post a Comment