Friday, October 3, 2014

Boots.

I never thought two pairs of John Deere boots, one a size 12.5 and one a size 7.5 would change two little boys' lives so drastically. I was wrong. Our farm-loving, mud-seeking, trail-tromping guys have always been obsessed with their camo boots. Their camo boots have traditionally been from Walmart. They are good and cheap but not good for function. Buck and I had decided that now that we are spending so much time at the farm it was time to bite the bullet for some "real" little boy boots. One Friday afternoon I took them to Little Soles to try some on, but at $98 a pair, I just couldn't justify it -- I don't even spend that much money on my shoes! Fawn was crestfallen that we weren't leaving with "real" boots, and I promised him we would find something that he would love. Amazon to the rescue! We found leather and camo boots for both boys -- John Deere but much more affordable than the ones in the store. And since they arrived in the mail, rarely a day has gone by that one or both boys haven't worn their boots. They absolutely love them. And they are cute -- and functional too. Win, win, win.

At the beginning of our love affair with the boots, we always wore them tucked in for maximum show-off factor.

And the little one wears them with anything...pants, shorts...or nothing, which is making potty training a bit difficult.

Sweet boot obsessed guy.

This hunter man loves them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment