Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ruffner Mountain Field Trip.

Because of Fawn's migraines, the school has asked that I attend every field trip. That way I have his medicine and am also there to drive him home if he gets a headache. I think it's actually a blessing that I get to share some of his elementary school experiences with him.

Today, the kindergarteners went to Ruffner Mountain. I think it is so precious that they all fit on one school bus. How cute is that! Compared to our 3K Ruffner Mountain experience this was such a well coordinated, fun, engaging field trip. Fawn and his buddies had a blast.

I was the only mom with Mrs. Davis' class, so for the hike, our trail guide took the lead, Mrs. Davis stuck near the middle and I stayed at the end of the line. Fawn was up at the front -- so we really didn't even see each other on his field trip. I was really proud of him. He jokes that my name is "Hold me mommy" and is very cuddly at home. But, he's got an independent side and was happy to do his own thing.

Leader of the pack


On our hike, we got to turtle rock -- and Fawn was the student who guessed it's correct name (after guessing armadillo rock first).

First on top of Turtle Rock

Sweet Davis Divers

After our hike, we toured the nature center, which of course Fawn loved. The snakes and turtles were very active and put on quite the show. Then it was back to the pavilion for leaf rubbings and a picnic lunch.

Getting crafty

After lunch, Fawn rode home with me. Loved the extra time with our buddy -- and loved my time with his sweet class.

No comments:

Post a Comment