I cannot believe I haven't taken my boys out there yet. Wow, I had forgotten just how gorgeous that park is. It is confusing though -- I followed signs to the Fall Festival and we hiked from there, but before we go back I need to really study the map and come up with a game plan.
The boys had just gotten their beloved John Deere boots and we so excited for their first hike with them. There were lots of mountain bikers enjoying the fabulous weather so it was an exciting hike -- lots of moving out of the way of fast bikers.
After our hike we headed to the Fall Festival, which was just getting started. First, we watched a hawk be released to the wild that had been recovering at Oak Mountain since summer. It was very cool. And, up close, the bird was huge!
Then it was time for the activities. We played some fun carnival games, Fawn got his face painted, and both boys got balloon swords from clowns.
Alabama A and a sword, what more could a boy want?
There was lots of make believe and pretend fighting.
Super Fawn.
Trying to be just as big.
Then we hopped on a hayride. On which Small Fry popped his sword. After which Fawn popped his sword. Tears all around. We weren't going to let some disappointing balloons ruin our day, though. I'd packed a fun picnic, which we enjoyed by the side of the lake -- and spirits were revived. What a fun morning to kick off fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment